We are looking for an experienced Architect and Java Technical Lead! This is a great opportunity for someone with a proven track record of leading or managing a team, or an architect who would also like to take that next step into a managerial role to run one of our most competent software development teams.
As our new Tech Lead, we expect you to lead and manage the Game Engine team who are primarily responsible for the development of game logic for new games, supporting and maintaining live games and also contributing to technical improvements on the game engine framework. You will be responsible for motivating, coaching and developing the developers, as well as being responsible for providing solutions for technical issues which may affect product delivery. The Java technical lead will facilitate requirement analysis, conduct peer reviews and provide feedback, and enhance frameworks.
To be successful as a Java technical lead, you should demonstrate sound knowledge of industry best practices, good organizational and leadership skills, and proficiency in Java technologies. Ultimately, a top-notch Java technical lead should have good analytical skills, the ability to anticipate issues and frame remedial actions, and excellent teamwork skills.
- Organize 1-1s with the team on a regular basis to provide feedback to developers on the quality of technical solutions, code and designs.
- Performing requirement analysis.
- Developing high-quality and detailed designs.
- Conducting unit testing using automated unit test frameworks.
- Identifying risk and conducting mitigation action planning.
- Using coding standards and best practices to ensure quality.
- Be a positive and professional role model to your team.
- Deliver the strategic goals set out by the Head of Development.
- B.Sc./M.Sc. Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, information systems or related.
- Extensive experience in the IT industry.
- Sound knowledge of estimation techniques.
- Proven working experience in Java development.
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java or OOP
- Excellent knowledge of Java/ C#.Net and web services.
- Sound knowledge of Java technologies.
- Good understanding of unit testing methodologies.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Experience with coaching developers.
- Experience in working with high availability, resilient, scalable and performant systems.
Relax Gaming Group was founded in 2010 with the goal of creating games for the modern iGaming landscape. Always staying true to the Relax core values - Driven, Adaptable, Supportive and Respectful - the recent and rapid expansion has been conceived in order to deliver unparalleled global reach. Via a quick one-time integration, Relax Gaming now provides access to a roster of 1500+ casino games and a diverse range of proprietary products, including Poker, Bingo and its own rapidly expanding slot portfolio.
The high-quality aggregated content is provided through its selected Silver Bullet (commercially represented) and Powered By Relax (commercially independent) partners. Regulated markets are also at the heart of its growth strategy, with both fully supported regulated markets as well as licences held in multiple jurisdictions.
Relax Gaming have offices in Malta, Estonia, Serbia, Finland, Sweden and Gibraltar - and game studios in Belgrade, Malmö and Stockholm.Learn more about us here
Life at Relax
This role is placed in St Julian’s, Malta, where we recently moved into a brand new office space.
Located in the centre of the island’s most bustling town, St Julian’s offers the perfect backdrop for anyone seeking restaurants, casinos, nightlife and even a dip in the sea. Our brand new offices are fully stocked with a never-ending supply of beverages and snacks, that can be enjoyed from our panoramic penthouse which offers beautiful coastal views. Whether an early bird or a night owl, we cherish our informal and flexible core atmosphere where self-initiative, taking pride in what you do and ambition to deliver the best results are key components. For the right person, there are endless opportunities for personal and professional development.
We are starting with interviews right away, so be quick to apply!
All applications are handled with full confidentiality.