Relax Gaming is now looking for a Compliance Officer to join our Compliance & Regulated Markets team to help drive the Regulatory Compliance area as well as support the growth of our multi-verticals operations in new and existing jurisdictions.
The role of Compliance Officer is key in ensuring compliance, quality and highest standard of the reputation of Relax Gaming across our multi-vertical offering, partners and markets. You will be acting as the subject matter expert on compliance-related matters (including applicable laws, rules and regulations) within the southern EU jurisdictions to provide guidance, oversight, advice and/or training to relevant business areas and to effectively identify, monitor and manage compliance risks across the jurisdictions.
The Compliance Officer works closely with different departments to determine when a regulatory change requires a different implementation to process, organization or product: platform and/or different product and content, as well as advise on behaviour requested. Collaboration with other departments and external parties is required to assess, communicate, design and implement the needed changes. The Compliance Officer is able to apply a business mindset and help resolve a range of queries in collaboration with other stakeholders.
The Compliance Officer is a frontline role in the way Relax Gaming is perceived by the various Gaming Authorities regulating our activity. It is also a key role as to how our customers operating in various jurisdictions are perceived. Therefore, we are requiring a candidate who is experienced, passionate around resolving problems quickly and efficiently and who also can communicate clearly with a customer-driven mindset.
You will be working closely with, and reporting directly to, the Head of Regulatory Compliance.
The Compliance Officer is responsible for:
- Taking ownership of the jurisdictional compliance function, stay on top of all changes and amendments to relevant regulations impacting Relax Gaming and its partners’ operations;
- Ensuring compliance with company licenses’ obligations and various licenses administration;
- Performing regulatory periodical and punctual reporting in the relevant jurisdictions;
- Ensuring every vertical in the Relax Gaming complies with licensing and requirements of the relevant jurisdictions and are fit to be operated by our customers;
- Perform relevant license administration and maintenance activities as well as support renewal and new license application when requested
- Understanding, monitoring and reviewing all regulatory developments, recognising areas that need improvements and acknowledging potential vulnerabilities;
- Conducting various reviews, assessments, and investigations in accordance with the regulatory and internal/external requirements;
- Supporting internal staff and customers by providing interpretations of existing or new requirements;
- Providing compliance advice in respect of existing and new regulatory requirements to support business;
- Creating and maintaining compliance documentation and processes as well as information repository;
- Continually assessing systems to improve the controls environment
- Communicating with the licensing authorities and liaise with external advisors;
- Providing day to day support to internal and external stakeholders on any compliance issues;
- Where appropriate, help manage third-party relationships and share best practice with them to facilitate compliance with licensing and regulatory requirements;
- Ability to work autonomously, quickly and accurately under pressure;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a compliance function within the gaming sector;
- Experience working in European regulated markets;
- An understanding of risk management, control and governance;
- Experience in completing compliance assessments across numerous departments;
- Experience in working as part of a team, and confidence to adapt to frequent changes in requirements;
- An interest in emerging technologies and a desire to learn;
About Relax Gaming
Relax Gaming Group was founded in 2010 with the goal of simplifying B2B content delivery for the modern iGaming landscape. With business simplicity and collaboration central to its ethos, its recent and rapid expansion has been conceived in order to deliver unparalleled global reach. Via a quick one-time integration, Relax Gaming now provides access to a roster of 1500+ casino games and a diverse range of proprietary products, including Poker, Bingo and its own rapidly expanding slot portfolio.
The high-quality aggregated content is provided through its selected Silver Bullet (commercially represented) and Powered By Relax (commercially independent) partners. Regulated markets are also at the heart of its growth strategy, with licences held in multiple jurisdictions including the Malta Gaming Authority, the UK Gambling Commission, the Gibraltar Licensing Authority, and the Romanian National Gaming Office (ONJN). In addition to licensed operations, Relax Gaming fully supports regulated markets such as Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Estonia and Latvia. Learn more about us here.
Life at Relax
This role is placed in Malta, Stockholm or Malmö.
Relax is at a very exciting growth stage as a company; however, we cherish our informal and flexible core atmosphere where self-initiative, taking pride in what you do and ambition to deliver the best results are key components. For the right person, there are endless opportunities for personal and professional development.
We are starting with interviews right away, so be quick to apply!
All applications are handled in full confidentiality.