Our Casino business is growing fast and we are now looking for an experienced and driven Game Engine Developer to join our team in Tallinn, Estonia. The job itself is challenging and offers you the opportunity to develop high-end game engines for both internally and for our partners.
About Relax Gaming
We are a B2B multi-product provider driving innovative solutions and offerings to the iGaming market. We started off with Poker, soon Bingo and finally our own self-made Casino games and content distribution platform for our Casino studio partners followed. Founded in 2010 in the pub in Malta, our strategy has remained the same - we aim for technical excellence and have a passion for business simplicity. That’s why we have grown rapidly and now have more than 190 Relaxers working in our offices all over Europe.
You will be responsible for ensuring the engine running our next generation of casino games is purring along nicely. The “guts” or core of each casino game will be yours to create, own and maintain. Casino engines deal with real money transactions, so safety, clarity and defensive coding is a must. As a developer, you believe strongly in clear, concise and maintainable code. You are determined to ensure that what you write will work – and work well – in known and unknown scenarios.
- Programming casino game logic (game engines) based on mathematical specifications & game design documents
- Working alongside mathematicians when coding and iterating on casino game mechanics
- Reviewing and refactoring codes from other Game Engine Developers
- Ensuring game engines are stable, safe and fully tested
- Strong knowledge of Java 11, however knowledge of C# and C++ is also considered
- At least 4+ years of experience developing in Java
- Strong understanding of a clean and testable code
- Good understanding of the HTTP protocol (RESTful interfaces)
- Good understanding of SQL
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
Bonus points for being:
- Familiar with slot machines
- Knowledgeable and intuitive understanding of probabilistic mathematics
- Able to build casino game engines (for real money or for fun)
Life at Relax
You will work in Tallinn, the capital city of Estonia, also known as the “tech hub of Europe”. Our office is located in the Rotermanni quarter, right in the heart of the city.
We are more than just a workplace, we’re a community. At the office, we have a never-ending supply of beverages and snacks. Take a break from daily tasks and play videogames with colleagues, have interesting chats, participate in a poker tournament or have fun in our events and parties. One thing is sure, there is something for everyone. And most importantly, whatever you do, there’s always a top-notch team who will support you. Read more about us from here.
PS: We are starting with the interviews right away, so be quick to apply!
We handle all applications confidentially.