The Head of Compliance will lead the team of compliance officers and compliance activities across all verticals: Poker, Bingo, Casino including Aggregation activity and ensure that Relax is at the forefront of understanding jurisdictions requirements and obligations to operate in the regulated markets. Working closely with the Director of Compliance & Regulated markets, Products, Commercial, Legal and Operations teams, you will evaluate the impact of these regulations to create/adjust products, processes and workflows accordingly.
This role has a significant input to the organization of Relax Gaming distribution processes.
As the Head of Compliance, you hold end-to-end responsibilities in managing operational compliance activities, monitor and communicate regulatory changes of existing jurisdictions. You are expected to provide visibility and support internally but also to our B2C customer as well as to our B2B partners.
The Head of Compliance works closely with different departments to determine when a regulatory change requires a new or different implementation to product or process: platform and/or different product and content, corporate items, organization and administration of compliance obligations as well as the scope of implementation. Collaboration with other departments and external parties is required to assess, communicate, design and implement compliance solutions. The Head of Compliance is able to apply a business mindset and help resolve a range of queries, high-level concerns or specific problems relating to regulatory and operational compliance.
Team management and leadership are important aspects of the role: Mentoring and supporting the compliance officers in their day to day activities, and establish different ownership and processes internal to the compliance group in collaboration with the Director of Compliance. We are requiring a candidate who is experienced, committed to delivering the best results for the company, passionate around resolving problems, who can get people on board quickly and with a customer-driven mindset.
- Management of the Compliance Officers team:
- Assignment of team members responsibilities
- Ensuring compliance team has clear goals to work towards
- Supervision of day to day activities
- Ownership of team members delivery
- Performance review with a team member
- Compliance team hiring forecasting
- Setting salaries for team members
- Ensure that team members follow company guidelines and policies
- Ownership of the compliance function, stay on top of all changes and amendments to relevant regulations impacting Relax’s position, practices, product, and operations
- Support company’s understanding of new jurisdictions, license applications and/or other obligations to meet for Relax and the partners
- Ensure all Relax’s verticals and partners complies with regulatory and compliance obligations and are fit to be operated by our customers
- Conduct reviews, assessments, and investigations in accordance with the regulatory and internal/external requirements
- Ownership of compliance-related investigations
- Create and maintain compliance documentation, approval diagrams, internal and external compliance processes and workflows, jurisdiction responsibility matrix, compliance test cases, notes, and other ancillary materials
- Identification of any process, operational, product and technical areas impacted by non-compliance, developing and overseeing remedial plans
- Support staff and customers by providing interpretations of existing or new requirements, analyzing their effect on company, processes, product, and workflows
- Collaborate with release management to ensure new functionalities are implemented in accordance with specifications and timely delivered
- Work with product teams, external partners, compliance, legal, sales, and any relevant department to ensure alignment on upcoming markets activities
- Propose strategic compliance initiatives for product/operations development e.g. how to prepare our products and operations to meet future regulatory needs
The above duties give an overall picture of the day to day responsibilities. They are not exhaustive and additional duties may be assigned by the manager in line with business needs.
- Have 5 years + experience in a similar position within the gaming industry
- Are driven, self-motivated and apply inspired leadership
- Are able to make decisions and lay out contingency plans when faced with uncertainty
- Have been leading market entry projects before
- Have been involved in designing training material before
- Have been holding external-facing roles with B2C operators or B2B suppliers before
- Are positive and enthusiastic in finding simple solutions to complex problems
- Are good at building relationships both externally and internally
- Are experienced at crafting and presenting project plans
- Have an excellent command of English, both spoken and written
Bonus Points if You:
- Are passionate about gambling in general and products in particular
- Have the ambition to grow within the role and the company
- Are naturally interested in helping customers and devoted to solving problems
- Capable of managing your workload notwithstanding competing priorities and respond positively to change
- Have B2B experience, technical background or tech/software company experience
- Have JIRA knowledge
Location & Nice to Know:
You will be reporting directly to the Director of Compliance & Regulated Markets with reflecting updates to multiple other stakeholders.
We are looking to welcome you to our team in Malta, our amazing office is located in the beautiful Spinola Bay – right in the heart of St Julians. More about life in Relax from here.
PS: We are starting with the interviews right away, so be quick to apply!
We handle all applications confidentially.