We are now looking for a Head of Product Compliance to join our Compliance & Regulated Markets team to help drive new market entries strategy as well as maintaining our growing multi-verticals operations in existing jurisdictions.
Head of Product Compliance
The Head of Product Compliance will lead the Product Compliance activities across all verticals: Poker, Bingo, Casino and Aggregator and ensure that Relax is at the forefront of understanding what to deliver in order to supply these markets with compliant products. Working closely with the compliance team, various product stakeholders, legal, operations and commercial team, you will evaluate the effort and impact of these markets projects for Relax Gaming.
This role has a significant input to the organization of Relax Gaming markets & product offering.
As the Head of Product Compliance, you hold the end to end responsibilities in managing product compliance activities, monitor, track and communicate regulatory changes and trends of existing or future jurisdiction.
The Head of Product Compliance works closely with different departments to determine when a regulatory change requires a different implementation to the product: platform and/or different product and content, as well as the necessary scope of that change. Collaboration with other departments and external parties is required to assess, communicate, design and implement the needed changes. The Head of Product Compliance is able to apply a business mindset and help resolve a range of queries, high-level concerns or specific problems relating to operational or technical compliance.
The Head of Product Compliance is a frontline role in the way Relax Gaming is perceived by our 3rd party partner, our customers and the authorities regulating our activity. Therefore, we are requiring a candidate who is experienced, committed to delivering the best results for the company, passionate around resolving problems, who can get people with different opinions on board and with a customer-driven mindset.
The Head of Product Compliance is responsible for:
- Management of the Product Compliance, Certification and Change Management teams:
- Assignment responsibilities to the team members
- Ensuring the different teams have clear goals to work toward and respective delivery
- Supervision of new team members onboarding, training and day-to-day activities
- Ownership of individual team members’ delivery
- Reviewing the performance of the team members
- Team hiring forecasting and salary settings
- Ensuring that the Product Compliance group follows company guidelines & policies
- Working in collaboration with the Chief Regulatory Officer on all areas of the Product Compliance as well as possible different assignments
- Working in collaboration with the Regulated Markets Program Manager to scope the market entry and/or regulatory maintenance projects, ensuring support in all connected activities
- Ownership of the product compliance function, stay on top of all changes and amendments to relevant regulations impacting Relax’s product and operations
- Ensure all verticals and partners in Relax’s portfolio complies with technical requirements and are fit to be operated by our customers
- Conduct reviews, assessments and investigations in accordance to the regulatory and internal/external requirements
- Accountable for the product market/compliance investigation backlog and portfolio
- Create and maintain compliance documentation, including product specifications, product compliance test cases, release notes, functional descriptions, and other ancillary materials
- Identification of any process, operational, product and technical areas impacted by non-compliance, develop and oversee remedial plans in collaboration with compliance officers & other departments
- Support staff and customers by providing interpretations of existing or new requirements, analyzing their effect on product functionalities, processes and workflows and oversee any necessary software/system changes delivery
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance department to design robust product test case and eliminate risks of non-compliance in the different jurisdictions
- Collaborate with release management to ensure new functionalities are implemented in accordance with specifications and timely delivered
- Works with product teams, external partners, compliance, legal, sales and any relevant department to ensure alignment on upcoming markets activities or impact
- Proposes compliance initiatives for product/operations development e.g. how to prepare our products and operations to meet future regulatory needs.
- Ability to work autonomously, quickly and accurately under pressure;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a compliance function within the gaming sector;
- Knowledge and experience of applicable regulatory requirements
- Experience managing cross-functional, multi-stakeholder processes, communicating and influencing stakeholders at various levels across functional boundaries
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written
- Leadership experience, excellent motivational and communication skills
As a person, you are:
- Curious to develop knowledge of additional product categories as needed
- Proficient with implementing processes to comply with regulatory requirements
- Able to articulate complex issues so they are simple to understand for any audience
- Able to take decisions and layout contingency plans when faced with uncertainty/ambiguity
- Experienced at crafting and presenting complex project plans
- Good at building relationships both externally and internally
- Driven, service-minded, responsible and self-motivated
Bonus Points if you:
- Are passionate about gambling
- Have the ambition to grow within the role and the company
- Are naturally interested in helping customers and devoted to solving problems
You will be reporting directly to the Chief Regulatory Officer with reflecting updates to multiple other stakeholders.
About Relax Gaming
Relax Gaming Group was founded in 2010 with the goal of simplifying B2B content delivery for the modern iGaming landscape. With business simplicity and collaboration central to its ethos, its recent and rapid expansion has been conceived in order to deliver unparalleled global reach. Via a quick one-time integration, Relax Gaming now provides access to a roster of 1500+ casino games and a diverse range of proprietary products, including Poker, Bingo and its own rapidly expanding slot portfolio. The high-quality aggregated content is provided through its selected Silver Bullet (commercially represented) and Powered By Relax (commercially independent) partners. Regulated markets are also at the heart of its growth strategy, with licences held in multiple jurisdictions including the Malta Gaming Authority, the UK Gambling Commission, the Gibraltar Licensing Authority, and the Romanian National Gaming Office (ONJN). In addition to licensed operations, Relax Gaming fully supports regulated markets such as Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Estonia and Latvia. Learn more about us here.
Life at Relax
This role is placed Wherever you want to work your magic from. More or less. For the right candidate, we are very flexible.
Relax is at a very exciting growth stage as a company; however, we cherish our informal and flexible core atmosphere where self-initiative, taking pride in what you do and ambition to deliver the best results are key components. For the right person, there are endless opportunities for personal and professional development.
We are starting with interviews right away, so be quick to apply!
All applications are handled with full confidentiality.