The Lead Developer in Test helps deliver the quality and performance of large-scale, multi-platform software products that include web and API application interfaces. Candidates in this position should be experienced, hands-on and self-motivated developers who can work collaboratively in a continuous integration environment. This role involves working closely with Software Developers that includes leveraging shift-left methods to understand a complex domain and product.
The lead developer in Test focuses on contributing to the development of automated Functional Integration tests and end-to-end tests through open-source test frameworks for overall system testing within an Agile environment. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Candidates will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
- Leads software testing in agile/iterative software development and using collaborative development tools such as Jira
- Heads software requirement meetings, contributes to testability and quality through critical functional analysis of design proposals, and challenges their sources
- Builds team cohesiveness and pulls staff into responsibilities for projects and their deliverables
- Participates in API in REST or SOAP design practices, service definition, identifying gaps in standards adherence, service lifecycle management, and contributing to QA governance
- Builds up a complete testing platform for function and performance testing
- Continuously maintains existing regression test suite/framework which addresses functional and non-functional requirements
- Manages the engineering test environment with support from the DevOps/Infrastructure team
- Proactively responsible for end-to-end defect analysis from external integration test labs or production
- Works productively and with minimal management supervision while showing an excellent team attitude
- Consistently delivers on work and schedule commitments
- Ability to estimate testing tasks for the team
- Leads a small test team by managing workload, assigning tasks to lower-level engineering personnel, and providing them with technical support
- Guides and mentors lower-level engineering personnel in all aspects of SDET, and provides assistance and feedback to help them progress in their SDET careers
- B.Sc./M.Sc. degree in Computer Science or Technology/Engineering or related field with a minimum of six years of experience. Prefer experience as either a Software Development Engineer or (SDET) Software Development Engineer in Test role
- Strong in SQL, Java, Junit, Linux/Solaris, Agile issue tracking (eg Jira), Linux test environment management, and debugging distributed application environments
- Strong experience in functional analysis in a distributed computing environment
- Excellent grasp and demonstrated history of complex testing
- Good experience working with constantly challenging agile/iterative software teams
- Ability to generate test reports from both tools and manually
- Must be a detail-oriented, analytical, and creative thinker with a passion for quality and test automation
- Strong collaboration, negotiation, and influencing skills
- Experience leading ambiguous situations, dealing with technical issues, and coming up with effective solutions to ensure customer project deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
About Relax Gaming
Relax Gaming Group was founded in 2010 with the goal of creating games for the modern iGaming landscape. Always staying true to the Relax core values - Driven, Adaptable, Supportive and Respectful - the recent and rapid expansion has been conceived in order to deliver unparalleled global reach. Via a quick one-time integration, Relax Gaming now provides access to a roster of 1500+ casino games and a diverse range of proprietary products, including Poker, Bingo, and its own rapidly expanding slot portfolio.
The high-quality aggregated content is provided through its selected Silver Bullet (commercially represented) and Powered By Relax (commercially independent) partners. Regulated markets are also at the heart of its growth strategy, with both fully supported regulated markets as well as licences held in multiple jurisdictions.
Relax Gaming have offices in Malta, Estonia, Serbia, Finland, Sweden, and Gibraltar - and game studios in Belgrade, Malmö, and Stockholm. Learn more about us here.
Life at Relax
This role is based in St Julians, Malta.
Located in the centre of the island’s most bustling town, St Julian’s offers the perfect backdrop for anyone seeking restaurants, casinos, nightlife and even a dip in the sea. Our brand new offices are fully stocked with a never-ending supply of beverages and snacks that can be enjoyed from our panoramic penthouse which offers beautiful coastal views. Whether an early bird or a night owl, we cherish our informal and flexible core atmosphere where self-initiative, taking pride in what you do and ambition to deliver the best results are key components. For the right person, there are endless opportunities for personal and professional development.
We are starting with interviews right away, so be quick to apply!
All applications are handled with full confidentiality.