The Relax Gaming Group is a B2B supplier for the online gambling industry. Our activity is regulated by a number of Gaming Authorities including the Malta Gaming Authority, the UK Gambling Commission, the Alderney Gambling Control Commission, just to name a few.
Growing presence and strong drive to conquer regulated markets is part of our strategy and sets high expectations on professionalism, diligence, and processes. Relax operates three product verticals; Bingo, Poker, and Casino. Casino being the fastest growing of the three with over 100 games live and a distribution network of over 70 direct integrations to major European operators.
We are now looking for a Compliance Officer to join our Compliance & Regulated Markets team to help drive new regulated market entries strategy as well as maintaining our growing multi-verticals operations in existing jurisdictions.
The role of Compliance Officer is key in ensuring compliance, quality and highest standard of the reputation of Relax Gaming across a wide array of products, partners, and markets. As a Compliance Officer, you hold end to end responsibilities in managing compliance activities, monitor, track and communicate regulatory changes and developing trends of existing or future jurisdictions.
The Compliance Officer works closely with different departments to determine when a regulatory change requires a different implementation to process, organization or product: platform and/or different product and content, as well as the necessary scope of that change. Collaboration with other departments and external parties is required to assess, communicate, design and implement the needed changes.
The Compliance Officer is able to apply a business mindset and help resolve a range of queries, high-level concerns or specific problems relating to regulatory, operational or technical compliance.
The Compliance Officer is a front-line role in the way Relax Gaming is perceived by the authorities regulating our activity. It is also a key role as to how our customers operating in various jurisdictions are perceived. Therefore, we are requiring a candidate who is experienced, passionate about resolving problems quickly and efficiently and who also can communicate clearly with a customer-driven mindset.
- Take ownership of the jurisdictional compliance function, stay on top of all changes and amendments to relevant regulations impacting Relax Gaming and its partners’ operations
- Ensure every vertical in the Relax Gaming portfolio complies with licensing and regulatory requirements and are fit to be operated by our customers
- Understand, monitor and review all regulatory developments, recognising areas which need improvements and acknowledging potential vulnerabilities
- Conduct various reviews, assessments, and investigations in accordance with the regulatory and internal/external requirements
- Identify any process, organization, operational product and/or technical areas potentially impacted by non-compliance, develop and oversee relevant remedial plans in collaboration with other departments
- Support internal staff and customers by providing interpretations of existing or new requirements, analyzing their effect on product functionalities, processes and workflows and oversee any necessary software/system changes delivery
- Provide compliance advice in respect of existing and new regulatory requirements to support both business & product development functions
- Collaborate with release management to ensure new functionalities are implemented in accordance with specifications and timely delivered to customers
- Create and maintain compliance documentation, including product specifications, release notes, functional descriptions, and other ancillary materials
- Continually assess systems to improve the controls environment
- Communicate with the licensing authorities and liaise with external advisors
- Provide day to day support to internal and external stakeholders on any compliance issues
- Where appropriate, help manage third-party relationships and share best practice with them to facilitate compliance with licensing and regulatory requirements
The above duties give an overall picture of the day to day responsibilities. They are not exhaustive and additional duties may be assigned by the manager in line with business need.
- The person we are looking for is driven, service minded, responsible and self-motivated
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar position within the gaming industry
- Experienced with European regulated markets
- Experienced in completing compliance assessments across multiple departments and environments
- Experienced in risk management, control, and governance through the delivery of compliance
- Able to take decisions and lay out contingency plans when faced with uncertainty/ambiguity
- Strong relationship building skills
- The ability to work collaboratively and independently as part of a professional team always seeking for the big picture
- Have a strong multi-tasking attitude and excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Very organized and detail-attentive while adopting a practical, flexible and hands-on approach towards role and responsibilities
- Able to adapt and deliver in a fast-moving environment
Bonus Points if you…
- Are passionate about gambling in general and gambling products in particular
- Have the ambition to grow within a role and company
- Are naturally interested in helping customers and devoted to solving problems
- Capable of managing your workload notwithstanding competing priorities and respond positively to change
- Have B2B experience, technical background or tech/software company experience
- Have JIRA knowledge
Location & Nice to Know:
You will be reporting directly to the Director of Compliance & Regulated Markets with reflecting updates to multiple other stakeholders.
This role is placed in either Tallinn in Estonia, Malmö in Sweden or St Julians in Malta.
Whichever location, we dare to say that you will be working in a very nice office, and probably at one of the best companies around. Well, that is if you value frequent memorable team events, poker tournaments, movie nights and fun sports competitions.
Relax is at a very exciting stage as a company and we are expecting substantial growth in the future. Nevertheless, we will always cherish our informal and flexible core atmosphere where self-initiative, taking pride in what you do and ambition to deliver the best results are key components. For the right person, there are endless opportunities for an amazing personal growth experience.
Interest piqued? Great, we need you! Apply here now!
We handle all applications confidentially.