Relax Gaming is a game studio and content aggregation platform for the casino (iGaming) industry. We were founded in 2010 with the goal of simplifying B2B content creation and distribution for the rapidly evolving online landscape of the biggest casino names in regulated markets. With transparency and collaboration central to our ethos, we’ve rapidly increased our team since the beginning of 2018 and we’re continuing to grow fast!
You will be joining the team of one of our most successful and celebrated products – Bingo. Our Bingo product operates in multiple markets with multiple brands like Unibet, Bingo.com, Maria Bingo VladCazino, and Bingohuone, and is used by thousands of players each day.
We are looking for a switched-on, engaged and enthusiastic Development Team Lead to join our amazing Bingo team. Relax Gaming’s Bingo product has been recognised as one of the industry’s best and consistently leads the way in terms of features, often copied by our competition. While we consider our product to be the best, we still want to make it better, and that’s where you come in.
As Team Lead, you will be responsible for the overall development of the Bingo product. Working with frontend, backend and back-office developers and QA, you will be coordinating and leading the efforts throughout the full SDLC from requirements to release. You will be intimately familiar and a strong supporter of Agile principles as you will also be acting as the team’s Scrum Master.
Your strong technical background will be needed to help plan, coordinate and execute code changes between the frontend, backend, and back office. To this end, you will also have the opportunity to work on the frontend code as and when required.
You are a strong communicator and can fluently interpret business and tech talk, as you will not only be dealing with your developers and QA, but technical people from other teams such as DevOps and the business. You are not afraid to speak your mind, ask questions and challenge assumptions, while at the same time you have a burning desire to learn more about the product, the technology, and the industry.
Our Bingo product has been around for a few years but is currently planned to undergo a number of major changes and uplifts. This is an exciting time for this product, and as the leader of the development team, you will be at the centre of it all.
- Lead, manage and mentor your team of developers and QA
- Ensure product quality at all stages of the SDLC
- Ensure hitting deadlines and milestones such as releases
- Act as Scrum Master and run the Agile process for the team
- Communicate between the various parts of the team, and other teams including the business as required
- Previous experience as a Team Lead or a Technical Lead looking to move into management
- At least six years in IT
- Excellent knowledge of:
- Agile (specifically, Scrum)
- Building quality and stable products
- Version control (specifically, git)
- Good knowledge of TypeScript
- Good understanding of Java and SQL
- Solid understanding of APIs and their implementations
- Solid understanding of web markup and CSS
- You are open-minded, keen to learn and gladly share your knowledge with fellow developers
- You are a positive, self-motivated team player that gladly speaks your mind
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and embrace having many projects running at the same time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- You are excited about playing a big part in shaping the future of the slickest gaming products of the industry
Bonus points for…
- Excellent knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of Ruby
- Previous experience working on Bingo
- Previous experience in iGaming
- Passionate about games and interest in gambling
Location & Nice to Know
You will work in Tallinn, the capital city of Estonia. Here, it does not matter if you are interested in sports, culture, food, beaches (yes we have a beach) or free public transport – we have it all.
Our office is located at the vibrant Rotermanni Quarter – located in the heart of Tallinn between the Old Town, the port and Viru Square. By its modern architecture, Rotermann Quarter is even considered “the New Old Town”. The Relax office is easily accessed, whether by tram, by bus, by car, even by boat or on foot.
We dare to say that you will be working in a very nice office, and probably at one of the best companies around. Well, that is if you value frequent memorable team events, poker tournaments, movie nights and fun sports competitions. Relax is at a very exciting stage as a company and we are expecting substantial growth in the future. Nevertheless, we will always cherish our informal and flexible core atmosphere where self-initiative, taking pride in what you do and ambition to deliver the best results are key components. For the right person, there are endless opportunities for an amazing personal growth experience.
Interest piqued? Great, we need you! Apply here now!
We handle all applications confidentially.