Relax Gaming is a game studio and content aggregation platform for the casino (iGaming) industry. We were founded in 2010 with the goal of simplifying B2B content creation and distribution for the rapidly evolving online landscape. With transparency and collaboration central to our ethos, we’ve rapidly increased staff numbers since the beginning of 2018 and we’re continuing to grow fast!
Relax Gaming now provides access to a roster of 280+ casino games and a diverse range of proprietary products, including Poker, Bingo and its recently launched slot portfolio. Our games and those of our selected third-party suppliers are distributed globally to some of the biggest online casino names in regulated markets.
We create state-of-the-art systems that power the real money gaming industry across the world. The quality of our products is greatly appreciated by our partners and thus we are constantly growing to match the demand for our services. We also manage data, a lot of data.
As Head of Data, you will lead a team of talented Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Fraud Analysts to tell the story with data. Head of Data will work as a bridge between the data team, business, and different products providing input and ideas to improve our data handling. You will be responsible for the health and accessibility of our data and data structures, as well as leading the innovation around data and its use within the company. We want a data visionary, a leader and a person with hunger and ambition to make data our greatest asset.
- Strategically develop, nurture, and grow a team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Fraud Analysts
- Drive the creation and implementation of best practices for statistical data modeling, analysis, and machine learning
- Drive engineering projects and manage development lifecycle of in-house gambling anti-fraud tools and products
- Supervise insights into the data our products produce through automation and reporting
- Communicate with business and across products to map business needs
- Document data transformation processes and data flows
- Explore the data and make it accessible through reporting tools and actionable insights
- Own and implement the company’s data strategy
- Demonstrated leadership experience managing, mentoring, and coaching teams of data scientists, data engineers or analysts
- Superb communication skills, team management skills and ability to work across multiple teams and levels within the organization
- Proficient in oral and written English
- Data analytical skills and experience in business thinking
- Traditional RDBMS and SQL expertise
- NoSQL solutions expertise
- Thorough understanding of big data and data warehousing solutions
- Vision and understanding of how data can be used to drive the business
- Understanding of the principles of gambling revenue generation and its KPIs is a plus
- Skilled at communicating your views in an understandable way, carrying constructive discussions, and setting boundaries when needed
- Knowledge of Python programming and R is a big plus
- Experience in data warehousing solutions and data analysis tools
You will be reporting directly to the CIO with reflecting updates to multiple other stakeholders.
This role is placed in either Tallinn in Estonia or Malmö in Sweden.
Whichever location, we dare to say that you will be working in a very nice office, and probably at one of the best companies around. Well, that is if you value frequent memorable team events, poker tournaments, movie nights and fun sports competitions.
Relax is at a very exciting stage as a company and we are expecting substantial growth in the future. Nevertheless, we will always cherish our informal and flexible core atmosphere where self-initiative, taking pride in what you do and ambition to deliver the best results are key components. For the right person, there are endless opportunities for an amazing personal growth experience.
Interest piqued? Great, we need you! Apply here.
We handle all applications confidentially.