Relax Gaming is a game studio and content aggregation platform for the casino (iGaming) industry. We now provide access to a roster of 570+ casino games and a diverse range of proprietary products, including Poker, Bingo and its recently launched slot portfolio. Our games and those of our selected third-party suppliers are distributed globally to some of the biggest online casino names in regulated markets. Our activity is regulated by a number of Gaming Authorities including the Malta Gaming Authority, the UK Gambling Commission, the Alderney Gambling Control Commission or the Romania National Gaming Office, just to name a few.
The growing presence and strong drive to conquer regulated markets is part of our strategy and sets high expectations on professionalism, diligence, and processes. Relax operates three product verticals; Bingo, Poker, and Casino. Casino being the fastest growing of the three with over 100 games live and a distribution network of over 320 casino brand integrations to major European operators.
We are looking for an analytical and driven person to join us as Game Engine Developer, being responsible to develop high-end game engines for both internal and external studios. The role can be placed in Malta or Tallinn.
You will be responsible for ensuring the engine driving our next generation of casino games is purring along nicely. The “guts” or core of each casino game will be yours to create, own and maintain. Casino engines deal with real money transactions, so safety, clarity and defensive coding is a must. As a Java developer, you believe strongly in clear, concise and maintainable code. You are determined to ensure that what you write will work – and work well – in known and unknown scenarios
- Programming slot game logic (game engines) based on mathematical specifications
- Working alongside mathematicians when coding and iterating on slot game mechanics
- Reviewing and refactoring code from other Game Engine Developers
- Ensuring game engines are stable, safe and fully tested
- Strong knowledge of Java 8
- At least 5+ years experience developing in Java
- Strong understanding of a clean and testable code
- Good understanding of the HTTP protocol (RESTful interfaces)
- Good understanding of SQL
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
Bonus points for…
- Familiarity with slot machines
- Knowledge and intuitive understanding of probabilistic mathematics
- Previously built casino game engines (for real money or for fun)
This role is placed in either St Julians in Malta or Tallinn in Estonia.
Whichever location, we dare to say that you will be working in a very nice office, and probably at one of the best companies around. Well, that is if you value frequent memorable team events, poker tournaments, movie nights and fun sports competitions. Relax is at a very exciting stage as a company and we are expecting substantial growth in the future. Nevertheless, we will always cherish our informal and flexible core atmosphere where self-initiative, taking pride in what you do and ambition to deliver the best results are key components. For the right person, there are endless opportunities for an amazing personal growth experience.
Interest piqued? Great, we need you! Apply here.
We handle all applications confidentially.