You will be one of the key experts responsible for our flagship product – Poker. You will have an important role in developing and improving the product that has helped make Relax famous and is dear to all of us. As such, you will take pride in ensuring that the Poker product continues to improve and you won’t accept hacks or poor code in order to achieve that.
- Development of Poker client in C++
- Solving technical challenges
- Ownership of areas of the code and product
- Maintaining and improving the performance of existing Poker client
- Suggesting code and product improvements
- Creating user interfaces based on provided designs
- Working in tight collaboration with the Principal Poker Team Developer
What we are looking for in you:
- At least 3 years commercial C++ experience
- Good verbal and written communication in English
- Strong desire for self-learning under minimal supervision
- Excellent aptitude for learning and expanding your C++ knowledge
- Some experience creating user-facing C++ clients
Bonus Points for (nice to have but not mandatory):
- Passionate about poker (has at least played for real)
- Vast experience in creating UIs using C++
- Experience building clients for different Operating Systems
- DirectX and OpenGL knowledge highly desired
- C++ 11
- University degree in Software Engineer or similar
Taking on the role of a Senior Developer in the Poker team is not for the faint-hearted. The expectations on our poker product are high, and as the product expands in both functionality and usage, those expectations will remain this way. This means you will be constantly challenged to provide excellent quality code while implementing new and unique requirements that come from the regulated online poker industry.
Thankfully you will not be alone. We have a team of friendly and passionate poker developers who love the game, the product and the challenge to make and keep our product as one of the industry leaders. As a Senior, you will be expected to contribute to the design, implementation choices and take ownership of parts of the code. At the same time, you will be humble and experienced enough to take advice and suggestions from all levels and weigh up the options to make the right technical choices.
This opportunity will not only utilise your current skills in creating user-facing products in C++ but will allow you to expand these skills in an environment that very few places can offer globally. This role is not for everyone. Unless you are prepared to work towards making Poker the best possible product focusing on quality, performance, and usability, then we politely ask you to look elsewhere. However, if you feel you are keen, smart and dedicated, then we want to talk!
Location & nice to know
You will work in Tallinn, the capital city of Estonia, which is widely recognized as one of the world’s most technology-oriented cities offering a range of cutting-edge solutions from e-residency to mobile parking. Free Wi-Fi is available just about everywhere. Tallinn is also known as the “Hong Kong of the Baltics”, the “boomtown of the new Europe” or the “tiger of the north”. Our amazing office is located at the Rotermanni quarter – right in the heart of the city.
At the office, we have a never-ending supply of coffee, beverages, fresh fruit, and snacks. Take a break on a Fatboy and enjoy the view over Rotermanni square, or perhaps challenge one of us to FIFA 18. Sometimes we arrange poker tournaments, both online and live ones! But don’t worry if gaming doesn’t knock your socks off, we arrange other fun parties and events on a regular basis as well!
Interest piqued? Great, we need you! Apply here.
We handle all applications confidentially.