Relax Gaming is a game studio and content aggregation platform for the casino (iGaming) industry. We were founded in 2010 with the goal of simplifying B2B content creation and distribution for the rapidly evolving online landscape. With transparency and collaboration central to our ethos, we’ve rapidly increased staff numbers since the beginning of 2018 and we’re continuing to grow fast!
Relax Gaming now provides access to a roster of 280+ casino games and a diverse range of proprietary products, including Poker, Bingo and its recently launched slot portfolio. Our games and those of our selected third-party suppliers are distributed globally to some of the biggest online casino names in regulated markets.
We are looking for an ambitious and driven person to join our team in Tallinn, Malta or remotely as a Technical Writer to produce engaging documentation for developers, operators, and prospective customers in the gambling industry. You will be responsible for driving the way forward of technical writing at Relax Gaming.
The Technical Writer will be responsible for detailed product documentation for internal and external use. You will be responsible for ensuring that all technical documentation and technical marketing is clear and concise, detailed, and maintained on an ongoing basis. The documentation created will be used by our partners, customers, prospective partners and prospective customers. The role will liaise and coordinate closely with in-house departments and external partners/customers, ensuring a professional representation of the Relax brand.
Going above and beyond the calls of everyday writing, the Technical Writer should understand exactly what it takes to succeed in the casino industry. The Technical Writer is a someone who is dedicated, keen to improve, is a strong communicator and capable of thinking on both business and technical lines. The role will be closely working with the casino product team, integration teams, game development teams, compliance teams, QA teams, marketing and our partners.
- Plans and delivers detailed product/technical documentation
- Manages and maintains a catalogue of product documentation to be reused for multiple scenarios
- Propose, research, and write content for a highly technical audience
- Author a range of content such as eBooks, guides, tutorials, user manuals, training materials, FAQ pages, release notes, customer case studies, technical marketing and other content types that are technical in nature
- Collaborate with our design, product and technical teams to plan and produce documentation
- Continuously review and seek feedback from our partners/customers to develop content that meets their needs
- Write or manipulate code samples to support content
- Develop content to create a consistent, integrated brand perception and positive user-experience
- Establish a technical writing style guide to help promote best practices and consistency
- Develop technical specifications including, but not limited to:
- Functional workflows
- Sequence diagrams
- Network architecture diagrams
- Documentation of APIs
- Take ownership and define the approach for items such as Game Rules and Game Sheets
Key Knowledge Required
- Experience writing for software developers, architects and other highly technical audiences
- Good engineering/technical background and knowledge
- Ability to grasp and document highly technical concepts, theories and ideas
- Ability to quickly gain an understanding of the system at a detailed technical level
- Demonstrate the ability to write documentation (original and rewriting) that is clear, concise, consistent, and accurate
- Expert attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Experience producing API documentation from developer-provided information
- Familiarity with source control software
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and work independently to see that all deadlines are met
- Outstanding written skills in English
- Self-motivated to drive forward this key part of the organisation
- 5+ years’ experience in software documentation, including an understanding of APIs and writing sequence diagrams.
- Pays attention to detail and takes pride in producing effective content
- Takes interest in how people learn or view information and use the correct methods of generating content to meet different audiences
- Some travel will be expected, especially at the beginning to build knowledge
Bonus points for…
- Familiarity with software development and communication tools (Atlassian Confluence, Jira and Slack, or similar).
- The ideal candidate will have technical writing experience in iGaming
- BS/BA degree in Engineering or related degree
- Knowledge of IT security
- Copywriting experience in the area of marketing from a technical perspective
- E-learning/video productions
Location & nice to know
Talent is our key driver and we are somewhat flexible on location. However, we see that the preferred location for this role ideally would be either in Tallinn, Estonia or Malta.
Whichever location, we dare to say that you will be working in a very nice office, and probably at one of the best companies around. Well, that is if you value frequent memorable team events, poker tournaments, movie nights and fun sports competitions. Relax is at a very exciting stage as a company and we are expecting substantial growth in the future. Nevertheless, we will always cherish our informal and flexible core atmosphere where self-initiative, taking pride in what you do and ambition to deliver the best results are key components. For the right person, there are endless opportunities for an amazing personal growth experience.
Great, we need you! Apply here now.
We handle all applications confidentially.